Hi folks here’s a quick post featuring a recent creation.
Using a plastic bowl I set some leaves in the bottom and concreted over them. I set a hook in the concrete and left it to dry. After dismould and a period for curing I painted the leaves. Hope you like the result.
Just a quick update on my latest project. I decided to “branch” out a bit with my colour pallet so I painted a leaf that we cast a little while ago with a metallic look. Makes it look old and rustic I think!
The two pics are of the same leaf , one in shade hanging on our wall and the other in sun.
Hope you like the paint effect and thanks for stopping by,
I’ve seen a few pictures of these creations on the internet and thought I would have a go myself. So using an old towel which was soaked in a watery cement mix and then draped over an upturned plant pot I set it to one side to dry. Once dry I brushed more watery cement mix on the outside and later, once dismoulded from the plant pot, a coat on the inside.
Hope you like the end result I think it looks effective and unusual.
We’re back with a couple of pictures of our latest concrete creation. This picture was in our last post and this is an update on our progress. Probably the largest leaf we’ve tackled so far. Having cast the leaf I went on to make a latex mould and when that was done the casting was painted for effect.
Spring seems to have sprung rather quickly here almost like a switch being flipped. One week its cold damp and miserable, the next warm dry and pleasant. I suppose it won’t last long, at least the dry part, so we shall try to enjoy it while we can!
Lambs and calves abound and flowers are bursting into bloom every where you look in these parts. I managed to find my first leaf casting victim in the shape of a surprisingly large Burdock leaf, most although growing rapidly are still small to medium ish.
The picture above is the result of my first cast. I have also made two leaves using my own latex moulds in the last couple of days both pictured below.
For these last two I used a slightly different method in an attempt to reduce surface holes caused by air bubbles which can become trapped between the latex and the concrete as it is applied. Taking on board advice given to me by the guys over at diymolds.com, a very helpful and friendly bunch, I experimented a tad and was delighted with the results.